How to reach San Fermo Maggiore

San Fermo Maggiore

San Fermo Maggiore is a church built in Romanesque style in central Verona.

A church at this site may has been traced to the 8th century, and by the 11th century a second story and belltower was added by the Benedictine order. The campanile was not completed until the 13th century, it contains six bells in F cast in 1755 and rung with the Veronese bellringing art. The exterior has a roofline with pinnacles, and the church once held the tomb of a member of the Scaligers. The interior has later decoration, including an altarpiece of St Francis by Belloti. The presbytery hosts relics of the saints Fermo and Rustico....Wikipedia